Bruno Volckaert (male) is professor advanced programming and software engineering in the Department of Information Technology (INTEC) at Ghent University and senior researcher at imec. He obtained his Master of Computer Science degree in 2001 from Ghent University, after which he worked on his PhD at Ghent University on data intensive scheduling and service management for Grid computing, which he obtained in 2006. His current research deals with reliable and high performance distributed cloud-based backend systems for Smart Cities and industry4.0, distributed decision support systems, autonomous optimization of cloud-based applications and cybersecurity by means of machine learning. He has worked on over 40 national and international research projects and is author or co-author of more than 100 papers published in international journals and conference proceedings.
Keywords: Cloud, IoT backend, cybersecurity, anomaly detection, decision support
- Santos, Jose, Thomas Vanhove, Merlijn Sebrechts, Thomas Dupont, Wannes Kerckhove, Bart Braem, Gregory Van Seghbroeck et al. “City of Things: Enabling Resource Provisioning in Smart Cities.” IEEE Communications Magazine 56, no. 7 (2018): 177-183.
- Pereira dos Santos, José Pedro, Philip Leroux, Tim Wauters, Bruno Volckaert, and Filip De Turck. “Anomaly detection for Smart City applications over 5G low power wide area networks.” In NOMS2018, the IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium, pp. 1-9. 2018.
- Colom, José Francisco, David Gil, Higinio Mora, Bruno Volckaert, and Antonio Manuel Jimeno. “Scheduling framework for distributed intrusion detection systems over heterogeneous network architectures.” Journal of Network and Computer Applications 108 (2018): 76-86.
- Bondany, Lucas, Tim Wauters, Bruno Volckaert, Filip De Turck, and Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville. “Anomaly detection framework for SFC integrity in NFV environments.” In Network Softwarization (NetSoft), 2017 IEEE Conference on, pp. 1-5. IEEE, 2017.
- Tijtgat, Niels, Wiebe Van Ranst, Bruno Volckaert, Toon Goedemé, and Filip De Turck. “Embedded real-time object detection for a UAV warning system.” In ICCV2017, the International Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 2110-2118. 2017.